Thursday, June 14, 2007

We Made it Here

Hello Everyone -

Joe, Tom and I all made it down to Honduras safe and sound, despite Joe trying to bring a switch-blade onto the plane. Mary would be proud. He blamed Steve for leaving it in his bag. After being detained for a while and frisked, they let him go with us so all is well.
We had an initial visit at Casa Corazón and then went to Amor y Vida where we are staying. The visitor´s casa is nice and they had a nice welcome for us. The kids are all so happy to have three visitors spending time with them. We enjoyed watching Honduras beat Cuba 5-0 in the Gold Cup. So far we have been going to Casa Corazón in the mornings and visiting until mid-afternoon and then returning to Amor y Vida for late afternoon sports and fun with the kids before dinner. We have all been getting to bed by 9 pm which Joe says will be a big surprise to his Mom. Tom does not like much of the food but we got him a lot of cereal at the store yesterday to get him through. I am still pretty disorganized with most of my things at Casa Corazón but me staying at Amor y Vida until the mission team leaves when I should be able to get into a regular routine. I will try to get some photos next time. - Mike

5 comments:

Robbie said...

You can always count on Joe to liven things up!

Glad you guys made it down there safely!

Rob

SEL said...

Hey Mike:

Glad you made it safely. Know our prayers are with you on your travels. Keep the pictures coming ...

Christin Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christin Andrew said...

Mike, I'm so happy for you and I know the kind of joy you must feel. We miss you already here at ESL, but there is great Joy in my heart for you. I sense Jesus is pleased in his pleasant, knowing way. Adelante amado hermano...

Connie W. said...

Hello Tom, Mike and Joe!
I hope you gentlemen are having a wonderful time! Stay safe and know that I am so proud of you all. What a blessing each of you are. Mike,thank you for looking our for those boys. I'm glad you are there with them.
Tom...read your email and write your MOM!