Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Back to NPH





I went back to NPH to visit for the weekend and had another nice visit. They put me to work on Saturday chopping the 3' tall grass with a machete. It was a lot of work, but fun working along with all the boys. After working, the boys and girls all got to play soccer in the afternoon. Sunday they had their family lunch in the large covered play area. They do this once a month so all the kids who are related but live in different casas due to age differences can eat together as families. This was followed by the obligatory piñata which goes with every celebration here in Honduras. The last photo is of the twins, José and Tomas, who I finally am able to tell apart. It is easier when they are side by side but more difficult when one comes up to you alone in the morning as asks "What is my name?"
They tell me that most of the kids get visits from family members, older siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. but in the 3 years Maynor has been there I have been his only visitor so they really like me going there. Thank you to all my supporters who are helping me to stay here and be able to go and visit him and all the other kids. I am just the front line part of the big team involved in this trip and helping all these kids.

No comments: