Monday, July 7, 2008

After a very long day of traveling, I made it back to the casa last night around 9:30 p.m. our time, 11:30 in VA. I had to take a tour of Central America on the way back down, visiting Guatemala and El Salvador before returning to Honduras.

When I got to my gate at the airport in Charlotte, I figured that Pastor Marty must have been praying for me because they put me on the Pittsburgh Steelers airplane (his team). I had no idea that USAir painted airplanes with football team logos and I did not see any other teams at the airport so the Steelers were quite unique. As we flew over Guatemala City they must have thought the team was coming to town for something because it looked like we were on a private team jet.



This is the view of part of Guatemala City from the airport terminal during the down-pour of rain.











Shortly after taking off from Guatemala and rising above all the rain clouds, you could see the peaks of the volcano stiking through the clouds.










This is the Pacific Ocean and the El Salvador coast just outside of San Salvador where we landed a few minutes after this photo was taken. Two oceans and four countries in 14 hours made for an interesting but very long day.








The 4 boys were all waiting up for me when I arrived (past their bed times on a school night) and we were all very happy to see each other again. The house was not too messy either so I was happy. I had a great reunion with all the little kids in the morning, especially Juan-Fernando. He was very happy to see his Daddy and they all told me he was very sad when I left. Not much changed while I was gone that I have seen so far, but we got a new little boy today, a 2 year old named Bryan. I will get some photos of him posted soon.
I had a really great month visiting my family and friends and thanks to all of you for treating me so well during my time back in VA. I will try to keep posting more regularly this time.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Neat pics...Happy all is well in the Casa.
FTW