Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Special Day

Thanks to everyone for thinking of me on my birthday and sending the cards from the church. I received 3 cards full of signatures and well wishes from everyone at Church of the Messiah. That was very thoughtful. Here, I got a cake and had the spanish version of happy birthday sung to me numerous times. I think Mauricio was more excited about my birthday than I was. He started singing to me in the morning two days before and did so again the day before and day of my birthday. He also went out and bought me a nice present from the market. The little kids who don't go to school came over in the morning to sing and all the school age kids did so later in the day. Then I was taken out to dinner with a few of the people here which was very nice.

No comments: