Friday, December 5, 2008

Merry Christmas

I take off tomorrow on my trip home. I am going to Guatemala for 3 days in Antigua before flying back to VA on Tuesday. Antigua is high in the mountains and will be much colder than here. I stopped at the airport there in July on my way down here and it was much cooler in July than it was in VA. Not a tropical climate at all.
This is a photo of our Christmas tree with Miriam who works in our house.
The boys have one week of supervision when Tulisia comes to visit starting today and will stay with them. Thereafter, they will be alone in the house at night for two weeks. I am going to be returning here on New Years Eve and hopefully things will still be in order. There are always people around during the day so it is only the few hours at night before bedtime that they have to wreck havoc.
I look forward to seeing people at home, church, work and Mo's and plan on relaxing without worrying about things here. If I have a computer in Guatemala maybe I will post an update, but if not this may be it for the year.

1 comment:

NN said...

Mike,

I found your blog through a brief search of "Amor y Vida" on Google. I visited them back in February 2004, as part of a mission from Tulane University. There was one particular girl whom I remember from that trip. The girl was blind in one eye and deaf. Given the small number of children there, and your (considerably more) frequent trips, I was hoping you would have come across the same girl, or at least know what happened to her. She would probably be no older than 12 by now.

I can be reached at noah.nadeau@gmail.

P.S. You have a photo gallery dedicated to you and Michael on Amor y Vida's website. Have you ever met Michael? Does he still track hummingbirds in Louisiana?