Sunday, October 26, 2008

Still Here

Sorry for the absense. I have been here at the casa all this time but just have been neglectful in my writing. I have had my hands full most of the days. The newest boy in the adolescent's home has become quite a challenge for me and I spend a huge amount of my time watching over him. Although this casa is a great place for these kids to be raised and they live a lot more comfortably than most other children in Honduras, there are still kids here with problems. Imagine taking a random sampling of 38 kids growing up in the foster care program in the U.S. and how well adjusted/well behaved those kids would be. Probably not a lot are. My friend Kristina, Geri's daughter, is a wonderful success story of taking in foster kids and eventually adopting them into her family. But I would guess that there are a lot of problem stories to the contrary that balance that one out. Well, group homes (orphanages) in Honduras are not much different. Lots of great success stories, but a few troubled kids mixed in. Right now we have one troubled 11 year old living with me. It is very taxing to deal with a child who does not want to work, study, obey rules, respect adults or other children. Unfortunately is has occupied much of my time that I would spend doing fun things with the other boys in our house so they have to suffer. Please keep us in your prayers so I have the patients and ability to deal with these things properly and maybe the Lord can make a change in this boys life.

1 comment:

Connie W. said...

Your youtube videos are GREAT!! You did such a nice job. Good luck with the boys. Don't worry, the Lord will continue to give you patience. We're praying for you all. Keep up the wonderful work.