Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend at NPH

I finally made it back to NPH to visit Maynor. Friday was his 9th birthday. He was surprised and very happy to have a visit for the weekend and his birthday. He continues growing rapidly and next year will probably move out of the little kids home into the first of the older boys homes where they live in groups with others of the same age. There are about 8 new boys in the childrens home where Maynor lives, mostly very young so after knowing all their names in the past I am back to seeing kids who I don't know again.
As always, it was much cooler there in the mountains and very nice to sleep at night without a fan pointed directly on me. Being the rainy season, the posa, the lake created by the little dam on one of the streams, was completely full. When I was there in May it was almost empty which you can see in the photo I posted back then. All of the kids kept asking where Mauricio and Maynor from my casa here are. I think I will take them back for another visit next month after they finish school for the year which is the first week in November.
The food there is always very interesting. Dinner and breakfast are generally about the same. Friday breakfast: beans, rice and tortillas; lunch: chicken soup; dinner: 3 paper thin pancakes. Saturday breakfast: beans, rice and avacado; lunch: chicken and potato salad, dinner: beans, avacado and 1 boiled egg.













Maynor on his 9th birthday







.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Kindergarden class ..............................................................The dam where they swim.

1 comment:

Connie W. said...

The pictures of all the kids are great. Some of the little ones at the casa have grown and changed so much! They all look so happy and healthy.