Monday, July 23, 2007

New boy for my mission


This is a photo of Isaac. He is new to Casa Corazón and arrived very malnourished and extremely thin. It is hard to tell with the big shirt on, but he is really only bones. He is 7 or 8 years old and just started taking the meds for HIV so he was really ill before getting here and did not eat well. It has been difficult for him to eat here so far as his body is not used to getting normal food. He still throws up after just about every meal. I have taken him under my wing and am working on getting him to eat little bits between meals. When he only eats a little he does better. With time and prayer hopefully he will recover soon and grow stronger like the other kids.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Great picture of Isaac. I've got some others I'll send you.

Thanks also for the update on Kenny. They have a little info in the VA Pilot about the games, and specifically about Judo because there is a 15 year old girl from Portsmouth competing for the US, but I hadn't seen any info on any other Judo competition.

Rob