Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Last Month

The past 2 1/2 years have flown by and I am down to one more month living here at the casa. I will be returning home to Va. on Dec. 18th for Christmas and thereafter hopefully return to the world of the employeed, wage earners that is. I have been fairly employeed or occupied for the past 2 1/2 years, just not for a salary. This job has probably been more stressful than GEICO, certainly more hours because I never leave, but the rewards have been great as well.

It is going to be very difficult to leave and a big change for the casa here as well. They are trying to find someone to take over as the adult supervisor in the boys home after I leave, but don't know exactly what will happen here. Really, they need a couple adult supervisors, one for the girls house too. If no volunteers are found, hopefully they can find the funding to hire a new person to take care of the older boys.

There are lots of things that I am going to miss about Honduras and the casa, but others I will be glad to leave behind. Regardless, it will be a huge adjustment getting back to the commercialized world of 24 hour news, my paved road neighborhood and speaking English. Culture shock!

2 comments:

Connie W. said...

You have done a wonderful thing. Those children will miss you so much!

beck'sthree said...

Wow, I didn't realize you were going back home next month. I'm sure that is going to be a huge adjustment for you and for the kids. I will keep both you and them in my prayers.