Friday, September 7, 2007

Back from Guatemala

We made it back from Guatemala without the success we hoped for. As a result of the free trade agreement made last year with Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Honduras, the visa into one of those countries now counts as a visa into all of them. So I need to leave and go into another country, not one of those other three, to get stamped for a new 90 days. Belize is the closest so I will probably do that next month. Just more hassles and expense. For now I will just pay the fee for a 30 day extension. With a special letter from the bishop's office here saying I am a volunteer, they say I will be able to get this done in San Pedro Sula on Monday rather than going to Tegucigalpa.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Mike. So glad to hear you weathered the storm well (no pun intended!). Sorry to hear about the visa hassle. Rachel and I check the blog often and keep you in our prayers. Please know that you are thought of often by all of us back here in VA. May God bless you with a successful trip to Belize; may the trip itself be a blessing to you rather than just something that must be done. ~~Carol